Flight Attendant – DTW
The Compass Airlines flight attendant performs or assists in the performance of all Inflight safety, customer service and cabin preparation duties, along with communicating and cooperating with the flight and ground crews, as a member of the team. The Flight Attendant will demonstrate the Compass Airlines’ core values and conduct themselves with integrity, enthusiasm, professionalism and a customer-first attitude while striving for operational excellence. Currently our openings are for our DTW location. For consideration you must reside within 2 hour drive of the DTW Airport. Qualified candidates who have fully completed the application and 10 year work history will be invited to attend an upcoming FA Informational Session and have the opportunity to present themselves in front of a Compass Airlines panel. Qualified candidates will be contacted with details of the invitation only Informational Session.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legal to work in the United States (A citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, or an alien authorized to work);
- Must be in possession of a valid United States or foreign passport with applicable VISAs. Must have the right to travel freely in and out of the United States, to and from all cities served by Compass Airlines without restriction. Passport must include legal name.
- Must agree to take and successfully pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, and must be willing to submit to random drug/alcohol testing;
- Must agree to a 10-year background history, which the Company will confirm;
- Will be required to successfully complete Inflight Training;
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- One year previous flight attendant experience preferred;
- Two years direct customer service experience preferred;
- Will be required to do everything to make sure that each customer’s needs are always considered;
- Alternative work schedules (shift work);
- Outdoor exposure to weather;
- On-Call during normal off time (pager or beeper);
- Extensive business travel by air (more than six flights per year);
- Typically standing or walking during work;
- Must have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye;
- Must have a minimum height of 5’2” (without shoes);
- Must have ability to work days, nights, holidays, weekends and extended hours away from home;
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards;
- Must be willing to work on an on-call basis with little notice;
- Must be able to relocate to assigned domicile;
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation to and from the airport;
- Uses PC skills daily in order to perform duties. These include Microsoft Outlook for mail.
- Must have ability to push/pull/lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs and be able to push, pull, or move a beverage cart (approximately 250 lbs.);
- Should possess the physical strength to reach and operate all emergency equipment and exits;
- Demonstrated ability to work in aircraft aisles and galleys, standing, reaching (extended in front and to the side of the body and above the head), walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, working in a cramped or awkward positions, squatting, and sitting for extended periods;
- Height and weight proportionate to maintain a professional appearance; body size cannot exceed specific aircraft dimensions. Must have the ability to walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle, fit quickly through any exit, and fit in to the jump seat and harness without any modifications;
- Must have ability to hear and respond to customer and crew communications in situations with high background noise.
- Will be required to communicate clearly and effectively in English; this includes both written and verbally. Must read and comprehend verbal and written instructions and procedures
- Will be required to effectively gauge the customer’s professional needs and relay information in a professional and friendly manner
- Should be comfortable with public speaking and addressing a large group of people
- Bilingual capabilities (particularly French and/or Spanish) is preferred.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations regarding sales transactions, providing correct change and accounting for handling cash sales proceeds.
- Must have ability to apply common sense in understanding and dealing with the flying public. Will deal with a variety of emotion, frustration and unusual behavior. Situations should be dealt with diplomatically and professionally;
- Must be aware of, and able to recognize and respond to, a variety of emergency situations, including medical emergencies and security-related situations;
- Must have ability to comprehend and retain information pertinent to the position;
- Acting as an accurate and courteous source of information for passengers, taking immediate steps to initiate service recovery when needed;
- Ensuring compliance with federal regulations;
- Responding and providing leadership during emergency situations and/or in handling disruptive customers;
- Continuously monitor all safety conditions and emergency equipment of the aircraft while on the ground and in flight;
- Responsible for providing customer service to passengers by performing or assisting in the performance of all safety, passenger service, and cabin preparation duties;
- Provides Customers with safety information to ensure onboard safety compliance with government and Company regulations;
- Provides Leadership, direction, and assistance during an emergency, including aircraft evacuation, administering first aid to ill or incapacitated customers, and unusual incidents;
- Assists passengers with carry-on items;
- Provide high quality in-flight (beverage, meal, and other customer needs) service, consistent with Company’s standards, to ensure a positive customer experience;
- Reads and interprets service and emergency instructions and communicates information to customers and crew;
- Operates mechanical equipment and safety equipment to include: stairs, oxygen systems, aircraft doors (pushing and pulling), evacuation slides/rafts, fire extinguishers, galley equipment, communications equipment, and lighting systems;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Relocation assistance is not provided.
This position is a Federal Aviation Administration Covered position, which is subject to mandated alcohol and drug testing. Federal regulations require applicants to submit fingerprints for a criminal history investigation. Candidates must agree to submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Must be in possession of a valid United States or foreign passport with applicable VISAs. Must have the right to travel freely in and out of the United States, to and from all cities served by Compass Airlines without restriction. Passport must include legal name.
Interested applicants should use the “Apply for this Position” button below.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.