Follow me on twitter: @magnfcntmandi
Dollar thrifty automotive is looking to hire lot agents to work at the Detroit Metro Airport. Responsibilities include monitoring car supply and cleanliness; maintaining adequate car model mixes; providing customer service by directing customers to assigned vehicle, and communicating with various employee groups.
When you get your foot in the door, you take the first step in a challenging and rewarding career. So if you have the passion and skills to keep us a step ahead of the competition, then STEP UP and join our award winning team!Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesResponsible for monitoring car supply and cleanliness; maintaining adequate car model mixes; providing customer service by directing customers to assigned vehicle and assisting with car lot exit process, and communicating with various employee groups regarding fleet availability.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: % TIME
1. Monitor car supply and cleanliness, maintain adequate model mixes to meet demand and ensure efficiency in the rental process; ensure security of vehicles and placement on lot is accurate. 45%
2. Provide customer service by directing customers to assigned vehicles, assisting with vehicle upgrades and/or exchanges, and receive and respond to customer complaints using the PONA (Pass of Non Adjustment) process and direct customer complaints/issues to supervisor, if necessary.
3. Assist with car lot exit process by checking customer identification, rental agreement paperwork and vehicle asset number tags to ensure appropriate and timely exit/movement. 10%
4. Communicate and coordinate with management, RSAs and Expedited Gate Agent regarding fleet availability; coordinate vehicle wait situations as necessary. 10%
5. Receive and enter change of car status and grounding dates into computer system; research and complete non-revenue entries. 5%
6. Distribute new car keys for customers and employees. 5%
Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
• Knowledge of car rental operation
• Knowledge and skill in the operation of car rental software and hardware
• Ability to type and perform accurate data entry
• Good organizational skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
• Ability to process all paperwork according to policies and procedures
• Ability to manage stressful and unusual situations while maintaining good customer relation
• Ability to speak and understand English
• Ability to operate radio, security and computer equipment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• At least 1 year customer service experience
• 1 year of car rental experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license as required by StateWhat’s in it for you!• The opportunity to work for a Fortune 1000 Company;
• Competitive Health benefits, including a 401(k) plan;
• Employee Discount Program –Everything from Flowers to Movie Tickets, Automobiles, and Computers;
• The ability to drive your career forward – through our Manager in Training program;
• The chance to work for a company with Community Commitment: DTAG partners with Special Olympics, America Red Cross, & Habitat for Humanity among other organizations to give back to the communities where we live and work;
• Contribute to a team that believes in Value Every Time…for our customers, and for our employeesEqual Employment OpportunityCandidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
To apply click here