Impact is currently looking to fill the roll of payroll coordinator at a fast growing company in the city of Detroit. This company provides complete facility management solutions for numerous national clients.
Standard shift time would be 8AM-5PM (40-50 hours per week). Overtime may be required at times. Pay is negotiable and will be based on qualifications / experience.
• 3 or more years of payroll experience (medium to large organization)
• 1 or more years customer service experience
• Experience processing checks
• Experience with union agreements
• Experience with unemployment claims
• Experience dealing with child support deductions / friend of the court
• Able to use Microsoft Excel and Word / data input
• Timberline software experience and/or payroll certification is a plus!
• Must have strong references / work history
• Must be able to pass a drug screening and criminal background investigation
• Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
• Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
• Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
• Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
• Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
• Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
• Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
• Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
• Distribute and collect time-cards and/or time clock data each pay period.
• Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
* Additional tasks may be assigned per management team *
If interested, please prepare an updated resume, with references, and contact Haili at 248.262.5213. Thank you, and we look forward to speaking to you!