CITY OF DETROIT are looking for a Detroit Youth Violence Prevention Coordinator
This is a Full Time, Temporary position located in Detroit.
This position will report to the Chief Service Officer (CSO)and work with the Chairman of the Detroit Youth Violence Steering Committee to establish effective working relationships with government and education officials, youth, community leaders, business and faith-based partners in the implementation and sustainability of the Detroit Youth Violence Initiative (DYVPI).
• Serve as the community organizing subject matter across the four DYVPI programs: Safe Routes to School, Operation Safe Passage, CEASEFIRE Detroit, and Summer Strategy.
• Strengthen community and parent engagement efforts by forming community safety teams, identifying safe spaces, and promoting/supporting projects that further the goals of the DYVPI with an initial focus on the attendance zones of Cody, Osborn, and Denby.
• Coordinate and facilitate DYVPI Steering Committee and various sub-committee meetings by preparing agendas, presentations, securing attendance, providing meeting summaries, and follow-up on action items, as appropriate.
• Work with the Coordinating Committee to maintain the DYVPI work plan/time line to track action items, deliverable, identify potential challenges, and devise contingency to achieve successful outcomes across the programs, with a priority on Safe Routes to Schools and Operation Safe Passage.
• Coordinate the compilation, analysis and distribution of relevant data with the purpose of evaluating and tracking the progress of the Initiative. Data will also emphasize the root causes of youth violence throughout the city.
• Work in partnership with other DYVPI staff to develop resources to expand DYVPI efforts to new communities as approved by the DYVP Steering Committee. Resources can include, but are not limited to training materials, tool kits, annual resource guide, etc.
• Support fund-development activities as determined by the CSO and Chair, to include drafting proposals in response to federal, state, corporate, and foundation funding opportunities.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Please apply by Phone or by Email.
Phone: (313)224-1141 Email: email@example.com